Best Board Games for Kids
Here are the best board games for kids in elementary school ages 6-12:
1. — We love this game and have had so much fun playing. I highly recommend.
2. — A fun mind game when you match the colors and shapes. Fun for the entire family.
3. — An exciting balance game for kids that can be played with up to 4 players or alone.
4. — If you have kids that like to look for patterns this is one of the best. Easy to learn and tons of replay value.
5. — Perfect for at home or travel. Develops focus, visual perception skills, speech-language skills, and fine motor skills.
6. — A classic card game that is fun for the whole family.
7. — Build train routes and travel around the country. Over 225 colored train cars.
8. — Perfect game for kids learning numbers and game strategy.
9. — Great game to help kids learn math and an instant favorite.
10. — This game is almost as painfully long as Monopoly for adults, but it’s great to teach math, counting money, debt, and investing. There is a that is fun, but definitely a VERY scaled down version of the original.
11. — A challenging puzzle game that is also great for travel.
12. — Great game for younger school-aged kids. Teaches counting and basic strategy. Bonus that it’s over in about 20 minutes.
13. — Our 9 year old son just started playing this with his friends and is LOVING it. Super fun to collect clues and do some problem-solving along the way.
14. — This is a perfect game for elementary-aged kids! Takes some reasoning skills and a little bit of math, but so fun. You can also grab the that’s perfect for road trips!
15. — This one is a dice game kind of similar to Yahtzee, but involves some fun risk taking and a bit less strategy. Super fun!
Looking for additional ideas or games for different ages?
Looking for more ideas? Check out our other Gift Guides.
Fantastic range of boards from best recipes and tips for frugal living to gardening and budgeting help.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.