Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos recipe
Hosting a Super Bowl party this year? We’ve got you covered. Here are some recipes that factor in both New Year’s resolutions + Super Bowl party plans:
- French Onion Dip with Caramelized Onions
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts
- White Bean Spread (gluten-free)
Today’s recipe, Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos, is all party and no resolution. Unless you resolve to eat one more, which I would highly recommend.
I keep saying Super Bowl party plans, like I have a clue. Neither my husband nor I are football fans, so the Super Bowl isn’t exactly on our radar.
Last year, our friends invited us to a non-Super Bowl party. None of us knew or cared who was playing, but we still had a great time eating an amazing spread of appetizers. We didn’t turn the TV on once. Seriously, I have no idea who won the Super Bowl last year, but I can list off every single thing I ate that day. I think that might be a little bit weird?
At the top of the list would be these amazing Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos. I’ve seen them on restaurant menus, but I’d never actually tasted one before. I put one on my plate just to be polite, and before I knew what happened I had eaten a socially embarrassing number of these little green cheese and bacon boats.
The recipe comes from my friend Shelly’s great aunt, who is a rodeo barrel racer. Which makes me love this recipe that much more.
Jalapenos have the perfect amount of heat to give these appetizers a nice kick without being too overwhelmingly spicy.
While scraping out the seeds, you might want to wear gloves. I never bother, and it’s not a huge deal. As long as you don’t mind a slight burning sensation in your hands.
Then you fill each jalapeno pepper with a simple mixture of bacon + three cheeses. It melts into an addictively delicious combination that will be a huge hit at your next party, whether the Super Bowl is involved or not.
We plan to have our second annual non-Super Bowl party this year, and I’m hosting. You’d better believe these will be on the menu. I get excited just thinking about it. Now… who’s playing again?
Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños
10-12 jalapeño peppers
1 c. pepper jack cheese
1 c. cheddar cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
6 strips crisp bacon, crumbled
- With a , cut each jalapeno in half. You can cut off the stem, but it helps hold the filling inside and provides a convenient handle for eating. Scrape out the seeds with a small spoon. Place the empty jalapeno halves on a baking sheet lined with ; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or by hand), beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the pepper jack and cheddar cheeses. Sprinkle in the crumbled bacon and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the cheese mixture using the same spoon you used for scraping out the seeds. The filling should be level with the sides and slightly mounded in the middle.
- Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes, until the cheeses are melted and set and the peppers are slightly dark/charred on the edges.
Looking for more game day treats? Amazon has cookbook from Better Homes and Gardens in stock and ready to ship!
More than just a collection of recipes, this book is packed with hundreds of inspiring full-color photos and provides all the tools you need to throw a fabulous bash, including helpful hints in on creative presentation ideas, themed party menus using the recipes in the book, lists of versatile ingredients to keep in the pantry, and make-ahead directions to make planning a breeze.
Looking for more?
Fantastic range of boards from best recipes and tips for frugal living to gardening and budgeting help.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.