3/4 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
4 c. rhubarb, chopped
1 T. water
1 T. butter, diced
1 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
2 T. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 9″ square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, mix 3/4 c. sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Dot with butter.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, 1 T. sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and egg. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of the warm rhubarb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 T. of sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crisp and lightly browned.
What about you? Any favorite rhubarb recipes out there? Leave a comment and/or link!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.