Best Family Board Games (Updated for 2017)
Here’s a list of (maybe) new-to-you games that your family will love. Something for every age and personality!
1. — Fun strategy game for the whole family! Easy to learn.
2. — Choose from other too.
3. — Like playing Telephone — only with markers! One player sketches, the others try to guess what it is, then draw something based on it.
4. — Such a fun classic game that can be played as a family OR for game night with friends. Adaptable for all ages and fast-paced!
5. — Great for Scrabble lovers. Teams use tiles to spell words that fit categories (types of cheese, for example). The challenge? The other guys can steal your letters.
6. — Similar to the original Qwirkle game, great for kids and adults alike!
7. — Emily raves about this game.
8. and — A mix of a board game and a card game. One of our all-time favorites.
9. — Brings kids together with their parents to go head to head in the fun filled family trivia game.
10. — This game is great for travel or home. SO much fun and can be adapted for any age!
11. or — Kids go crazy for this game. Great for larger groups!
12. — This game makes several top 10 family game lists. One reviewer says, “Highly popular game everyone should own. Possibly the best general family game for all ages and “must have.” Light strategy game is easy to learn and does not take long to play (45 minutes). Fun for adults and kids of all ages (except the very young).”
13. — AMAZING reviews and well-loved by Dougasyu and their families! For 2-5 players.
14. — Same premise as the original but now for two players! Fun strategy game and adaptable for most ages.
15. — Recommended for ages 8+ and up to 8 players! Gets FANTASTIC reviews.
Looking for more games for different ages?
Find more Gift Guides here.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.