Portland Parks & Rec’s $5 5K Runs (Portland Metro)
Running races is not cheap (which sounds funny in my head). Some events are $30-40 for adults and $15-25 for kids. That’s why I was super pumped to have just found !
Yes, five dollars for adults and kids under 17 are FREE! There is also a 1K for younger kids. Jogging strollers are allowed. This is a great family event held several Sundays from April to October at local Portland Parks. Each park is family friendly and other family activities are included. Plus, even has a skatepark!
Here are the 2018 runs and locations:
- Sunday April 22 – Laurelhurst Park (NE Portland)
- Sunday May 20 – Lents Park
- Sunday June 10 – Fernhill Park
- Sunday July 15 – Gabriel Park (SW Portland)
- Sunday August 12 – Columbia Park
- Sunday September 16 – Westmoreland Park
- Sunday October 14 – Delta Park
All races are on Sundays and begin at 9:00 am. ! You can also check out the .
Ready to discover (or re-discover) Portland? From the coast to the Gorge, from Clark County to Salem, The Ultimate Guide to Portland Family Fun will allow you to experience the awesomeness this area has to offer!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.